Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The "Jewels" of Summer





One of the best parts of summer is eating fresh fruit and a variety of yummy berries.

At a breakfast for guests on Sunday,  there was fresh fruit cup made with cantaloupe, honeydew melon, red and green grapes, cherries, strawberries, pineapple juice and a sprinkling of coconut.


Then, separately, there were blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Yum yum yum

Also had scrambled eggs with onions browned in butter;  Red Lobster styled garlic biscuits (from a mix), crisp bacon, rice, beans with sour cream, orange juice and coffee with half and half.


Thanks be to God for all the abundance. 

Everything came out delicious, if it's okay for the cook to say that! ha!



WHAT, IF ANYTHING, IS YOUR ABSOLUTE FAVORITE THING TO EAT FOR BREAKFAST?


10 comments:

RetroStreetStation said...

looks all so delicious!

x Maria
Have a look at my newest Outfitpost
featuring my new PLAYSUIT
Let me know what you think about it :)

marianne said...

Your breakfast spread looked amazing! The fruit salad and all the berries would have been my first choice. I do love Eggs Benedict but only have them once in a while; usually when we are on vacation. Otherwise, I do love granola and sunnyside up eggs with a good bread toasted with butter and jam. mmmmmm

Stephanie said...

Hmmm... Probably pancakes, donuts, or cinnamon rolls :) Yes, I have a terrible sweet tooth! Your fruit looks so good, my friend. I love blackberries and adding coconut is a fabulous idea.

Hugs to you!

diane.stetson said...

Blueberry pancakes is my absolutely favorite breakfast and I have them each weekend. I'm thankful to have fresh fruit and berries all year long where I live. Your breakfast looked delicious and I'm sure your guests were as grateful as you for the bounty.

Bookie said...

Right now all I want is bacon and eggs...it has staying power...but try to limit it to couple times a week for health reasons. Your table is lovely...wish I could have been there!

TARYTERRE said...

"I can not imagine a world without fruit. It is nature's candy."

Merlesworld said...

Fruit is alway good, the beer fairy still talks of a breakfast he had in Singapore with all the exotic fruits, it was wonderful.
Merle..........

Linda O'Connell said...

Your fruit salad looks yummy! Have a great day.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I like to eat fresh fruit in summer. It is very safe and healthy. These proposals are highly desirable you teach.We keep in touch

Chatty Crone said...

I loved everything there but the coconut - I just can't eat it. My favorite food for breakfast is oatmeal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails