Saturday, October 3, 2015

Home Can Be Our Haven


With so much craziness and sadness in the world, it's comforting to know that we can create a place of peace within our own homes.

We don't forget about the suffering around us. We can still care about and pray for others.

However, in addition to peace, we can make our homes a place to go for a sense of security, beauty, comfort, relaxation and love.

Around here, after receiving a windfall of apples, we've been busy making apple everything! 


Apple butter, apple sauce, apple muffins and, of course, apple crisp!  

All of the apple yummies fill the house with delightful smells.

A pair of orange candles, shown at top of post,  adds loveliness to the simple supper table.

Artist Susan Branch's calendar continues to adorn and enlighten and hangs on door in the kitchen where it can easily be enjoyed.
(For more joy, check out her website here)



In the hallway, more good smells came from a new Yankee Pumpkin Spice scented candle, gifted to me by one of the sisters. Love it!


HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR HOME A HAVEN OF PEACE?

8 comments:

Bookie said...

Lovely and true thoughts. If all else fails, I block it all out with a tea pot brew...choose a charming bone china cup and saucer I haven't used for a while, smell hot brew in a pretty pot, and focus on the cuppa in front of me!

Chatty Crone said...

I think you home is a haven - everyone loves to come there too!

I try.

diane.stetson said...

My house is filled with silence..no music, no tv and just peace. When I sit reading in my chair by the sunshine in the window I feel the most wonderful peace. TV is on at night only and I never play my CDs unless I'm driving in my car.

Rebecca said...

Sunshine and silence (borrowing from Diane, above). I can't think of too much more that I need. Keeping it as visually uncluttered as possible helps, too...but that is a very subjective state :)

Kit said...

It looks lovely and I can almost smell those apples! I have the same calender, I just love Susan Branch. I try to do the same as you, create an inviting and cozy home. :) Kit

janice15 said...

We surely can do so... I have surrounded myself with all the things that I love.. So when I go home I feel much better... Happy Weekend with love Janice

Linda O'Connell said...

Home is a haven. I have had my Yankee Pumpkin candle lit for hours today.

Red Rose Alley said...

I can smell your Fall candle from here, Susan. Home is one of my favorite places to be. There is a quote by Maya Angelou that I have hanging in my house, and I'd like to share it with you:

"Home can heal.

There is healing in home."

I think this is so true, don't you?

love, ~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails