Saturday, November 28, 2015

Let the Season Begin!



 
(This sweet painting is a page from an older calendar. Wish I could give credit to the illustrator but I don't have the original calendar. Anyway, thanks to her or him and enjoy looking at the sweet little snowman, bunnies and birdies!)

As soon as the last bite of Tom turkey has been nibbled, it's time to  sprint up to the attic to open up plastic bins holding Christmas decorations.

Well, these days "sprinting" is incorrect.  I just do a slow walk up and an even slower one down with no more than two boxes at a time.

Once Thanksgiving is done, let the season's decorating begin!

It takes several days to unwrap and rediscover things.

There are so many, collected throughout the decades, that it would be impossible to use them all each Christmas.

It's fun to use some things one year and skip them the next.

Some are even going to the Salvation Army thrift shop this year.

We'll be sharing holiday decor as well as dollhouse decor so, if interested, please come back and visit.

If we were in person,  you would be offered some herbal tea, coffee or hot chocolate and some cookies!

Most of all  this Christmas, I am going to concentrate a lot more on the real reason for the season! 
 
HOW DO YOU KEEP THE REAL REASON FOR THE SEASON FIRST AND FOREMOST?

8 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I have most of my Christmas decor up. I'm trying to keep it simple (for me) this year. I want to enjoy the time with family and friends. keep my faith the center of the season and not get caught up in the gift buying extravaganza!
hugs,
Linda

Chatty Crone said...

I haven't even started yet - but I know what you mean about sprinting. I bought a book we are studying in bible study this December called the Purpose Of Christmas by Rick Warren - and let me tell you my whole idea of Christmas is different. Have a good weekend.

Bookie said...

Ditto to all you said this morning. I started in early morning yesterday putting away turkeys and dragging out Christmas. I didn't stop until evening. Tired! But done! Love the lights already in this dark, and this year short, season. Enjoy.

diane.stetson said...

Singing with the church choir in two concerts and at Midnight Mass and again Christmas morning...That's how I keep the meaning of Christmas.

Red Rose Alley said...

Let the Christmas season begin! I can't wait to see all your wonderful Christmas decorations, Susan. I am going to start decorating tomorrow!

love, ~Sheri

Nellie said...

No sprinting here! The Christmas china made its debut here both in the breakfast nook and the dining room on Friday! The nativity set will be the next thing that is set in place. Today, before the grandchildren (and their parents) left, we sang "Come, Thou Long-expected Jesus," a standard for Advent season in our church.

marianne said...

I start by having what I call a "tan" Friday instead of Black Friday with all the buying frenzy. I love to just stay home and enjoy the afterglow of all the "Thanksgiving" that happened here. We had a leisurely walk in the late Autumn woods with our son and his family, a lunch of leftovers, naps, and time just being together and being in the moment. Hopefully it will set the tone for the Christmas season that is upon us.

Denise said...

Yeah ! I came by right in time to ring in the beginning of the Christmas Season with You.You sound like me going through those old and newer decorations,except I no longer have the stairs thankfully.I don't plan to start until Monday, I just need to gain My strength before I can start. So good hearing from You, thank You--OX Denise

Related Posts with Thumbnails