Friday, October 7, 2016

Autumn's Allure


Today let us think of and  pray for all those in the wake of  the devastating Hurricane Matthew. 

The loss of life has already been high.  It must be so frightening with winds that strong.  

And now for today's blog post:
 

Autumn has got to be the best of all seasons.


Days are cooler, at last, and the sun lights everything up in a most beautiful shade of gold.


The trees are turning into works of art before our very eyes.


Roadside stands and orchards tempt with fabulous displays of pumpkins, gourds and other telltale signs of fall.

Oh, if only we could s-t-r-e-t-c-h this season out to four or five more months, it would be so wonderful, wouldn't it?


The photos in this post were taken last weekend on a trip to Lakeview Orchard in western Massachusetts.

Ahhhhhh, autumn, you are an appealing season, spiced with cinnamon for apple pies. 



They are made from the fruit of your orchards.

Also pungent woodsmoke fills the air and  hints of colder days to come.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART OF AUTUMN?

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I am your first mail subscription gal!

I do pray for the people in Matthews wake.

I do have to say I LOVE FALL - I could live in this weather all year long!!!!!!

The colors are so pretty.

diane.stetson said...

I love Autumn in New England..especially the changing leaves...gorgeous. Today I'm making apple crisp as I LOVE anything with apples. I very seldom make dessert but your autumn post just got me in the mood..ha.
God bless the people in the hurricane areas.

Bookie said...

Are pumpkins and mums just great! Someone left a huge mum on my porch while we were gone today. No card and I haven't found out who but I will enjoy it!!!

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. I'm an Autumn lover ..... I love the cooler nights and sleeping with the windows open to feel the breeze and just one cuddly throw on the bed for warmth.. the crisp mornings and the day warming up a little.... I'd like Autumn all year round too....
.. Barb xxxx

Prayers for the people in the hurricane areas.. xxx

Merlesworld said...

I visited your country in Autumn, I have never seen so many pumpkins before.
Merle.........

Kit said...

What a wonderful place to visit! Your photos are great. I have to say the changing of the trees is my favorite part. And the cooler temps. :) Kit

Red Rose Alley said...

I think pumpkins are my favorite part of Autumn. I love all the pumpkin goodies too. These are great pictures, Susan. I like how you got them at different angles, very creative. I know what you mean about wanting to enjoy this glorious season for as long as we can.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails