Thursday, February 2, 2017

Month of Love



Because of Valentine's Day, a lot of people consider February the month of love.

How could there be a better month than that?


Now, here in the United States, in our current political climate, we need love desperately.

We need to know that love conquers hate and that people, regardless of skin color or religions, are basically good. 

Cards, chocolates, flowers and hearts abound.


Somehow, all of them express love and make up for a lack of sunshine in cold climates.

Decorations for the month of love are abundant, creative, and
artistic.



In our house, we love pink and red hearts everywhere, red lace runners  and a heart covered mini-tree on the kitchen table. (We'll show you photos of the latter in a separate post.)


                                                                              (In a bathroom counter corner.)
  WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DECORATION FOR VALENTINE'S DAY?

8 comments:

diane.stetson said...

Mom made a craft for Valentines day years ago. I white lace heart which I have up and love to look at.

Linda O'Connell said...

You can never have too much love or symbols of it. You have cute decorations. Soon it will be heart shaped cookie baking time. You think?

Red Rose Alley said...

You have many treasured Valentine cards around your house, Susan. I just bought a felt envelope at Target to put my special cards and notes in throughout the years. I think you would love one too for your special goodies. I look forward to seeing pics of your mini heart tree. :)

Happy February, my dear. It's such a wonderful month, isn't it?

~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

You always decorate your home for the season so beautifully. I love the month of February in fact you could say it is my favorite month - lol. I pray for peace for our nation too - I do not understand it.

Lady Linda said...

HI Susan, I love to decorate for the holidays and I love Valentine's Day. You are so right. We need some love and understanding in this country.
Love ya, LInda

TARYTERRE said...

Love all your pretty decorations. The cards are my favorite. Lots of love in them I'm sure.

Donna Volkenannt said...

Visiting your blog always cheers me up and often triggers a memory.

St. Valentine's Day takes me back to my time in Most Holy Name of Jesus Grade School in St. Louis. In preparation for St. Valentine's Day students covered shoe boxes with tissue paper then pasted on red construction paper hearts and lace doilies--sometimes candy hearts. That day, all students lined their boxes on the window sill(with valentines inside to be given out at the end of the day). We brought in our change to vote on our favorite box by putting coins on top of the ones we liked best. The ones with the most coins won. At the end of the day we ate snacks and exchanged valentines. All money collected was used to adopt what the nuns called "Pagan Babies."

Kit said...

Everything looks so pretty! My fav decor is a double lit up heart that I hang in my front window. It advertises that love lives here. :) Kit

Related Posts with Thumbnails