Saturday, June 24, 2017

Forgiveness


What does it mean to forgive?

Well, first of all, it takes a special person to be able to do it.


It takes a person with a big heart and  the gift of humility to forgive.

Sometimes in life, we are very, very hurt by someone.

To think of forgiving that person seems impossible.


But a person with a humble spirit and big heart can do it.


No one is perfect. We all make mistakes. 



In my own life, I've always tried to think of the following.
 
If Christ could forgive the people who murdered him, who am I to say I will never forgive?

HAVE THERE BEEN TIMES IN LIFE WHEN YOU HAVE HAD TO FIND A WAY TO FORGIVE?

7 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Forgiveness is one of the first things I learned in life. I usually try to understand what motivates offenders. I agree with your philosophy. Have a beautiful Sunday.

TARYTERRE said...

sometimes it takes everything you can muster to forgive when you've been hurt. you have the right attitude to get the job done.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So many times, but I keep trying and God gives me the peace I need.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Forgiveness isn't easy but Jesus clearly stated that unless we forgive others He will not forgive us. That's the best incentive to forgive.

diane.stetson said...

Many times...I ask God to help me ...

Donna Volkenannt said...

I've learned that being able to forgive is a gift. Resentment hurts the person who is resentful more than the person who you are resentful against.

Chatty Crone said...

Are you kidding - YES! I work on it all the time! I might be forgiving, but it is hard forgetting sometimes! Sandie

Related Posts with Thumbnails