Saturday, September 30, 2017

Flight of the Gulls

Some things in life are quite strange.

In a parking lot adjacent to a fast food place are a couple dozen birds that look like seagulls.

Except that there is no sea nearby.  The closest one is a couple hours away.

These birds are very competitive. 

They swoop down on any tidbit of food that's thrown into the parking lot.

After ingesting the mini-morsels of food that is not good for them or humans, they fly gracefully into the air and land on the roof of a store.

Are these the kinds of birds the Bible talks about who never want for a thing in life and don't have a care in the world?

They know they will be taken care of, come what may.



I kind of envy them.  
 
It's so easy to fall into the worry and disappointment rut.

So three cheers for the "parking lot" gulls. 

That's what my little granddaughter calls them.

 WHAT LESSON DO YOU SEE IN THE FLIGHT OF THESE GULLS?

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

To tell you the truth it makes me grateful for my own life God gave me!

SImple and Serene Living said...

I'm grateful I haven't been reduced to scavenging. xo Laura

Linda O'Connell said...

Parking lot pigeons, my friend in MA calls them. We have seagulls here in the Midwest.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Great pictures, but a rather sad realization. I took photos around Boston last summer of the seagulls who were ripping into McDonald's bags that had been tossed to the ground. Humans have disrupted the natural order of things, that's for sure. And in order to survive, creatures of the wild adapt or suffer decline.

diane.stetson said...

Oh we have thousands of seagulls near the ocean here in So. Cal. I see them all the time..none in my city though. I have no idea why you have them so far from the ocean where you live but enjoy them !

Red Rose Alley said...

The "parking lot" gulls is a cute name for these birds that land in the parking lot in search of food. I see them sometimes in mall and shopping parking lots. I think the birds teach us things, and I'm so glad that you find lessons in them as well, Susan. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails