Friday, September 8, 2017

Tag Sale Treasure





Some people call yard sales "tag" sales.

That's how they are often referred to in western Massachusetts.

Whatever they are called, they are super places to often find "new-to-you" treasures.



Personally, I happen to love Mexican crafts.

They are often colorful, with intricate patterns.


So when spotting the beauty found in this post,  I was thrilled.

Price?  One dollar.  Yep, that's correct.

Of course, the ceramic container with a lid went right into my tag sale basket.

It now holds matches and adorns a counter with white and Mexican tiles as a backdrop! Yippah!

WHAT WAS THE LAST BARGAIN YOU FOUND AT A YARD SALE THAT YOU LOVED?


10 comments:

diane.stetson said...

oh gosh I do not attend yard sales or estate sales. I'm so glad you find the things you love at those places.

Chatty Crone said...

You know I haven't been to one in such a long time - I am going to have to do it - they have garage sales here and you have to stop at someone's house and go in their garage and I just feel funny.

Merlesworld said...

Lots of colour there they would cheer up my morning.
Merle.........

Susan said...

This piece is a real find! I love the colors too and how perfect to display with Fall around the corner!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful Susan!
The vintage stereo we brought home a couple of weeks ago is my favorite recent find - and FREE, at that!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the colors. My last yard sale find was a really cute teacup.

Kit said...

It is so pretty! I am glad you found it. :) The last item I found and it was at the last yard sale of the season was an old bike. A Western Flyer in blue and I am using as decor in my front yard. I just love it and got it for a song! Have a great weekend! Kit

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Last night, I picked up a brand-new Clinique lipstick for $3.00 at a friend's tag sale.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your ceramic box is pretty, Susan. I really like Mexican crafts as well. wow, only $1.00, what a great deal. I have been seeing lots of garage sales around my town lately. I guess end of summer and people are getting ready for Fall. Your ceramic box actually looks like Autumn colors. : )

love, ~Sheri

TARYTERRE said...

what a sweet ceramic box you found. and the price was quite a steal. sounds like you have the perfect spot for it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails