Friday, March 16, 2018

Listening for the Leprechaun


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO ALL!

St. Patrick's Day has never been greatly celebrated in our house because we don't have even a drop of Irish blood running through our veins.

Now, Irish music, dancing, and lovely songs are all appealing.

Admiration for all things Irish is a given, including the little lassie shown below:



One of my granddaughters came to visit today and wanted to make a Leprechaun trap. 

A WHAT? 

Yep. Leprechaun trap is correct. She wanted to leave it on the kitchen table in case a Leprechaun came during the night.


I found out that if he does come, and gets trapped,  he has to leave her part of the gold at the end of the rainbow.

So we made the trap.  


On the sly, I wrapped a chocolate Easter bunny in gold paper for a surprise tomorrow!

My little sweetie pie left a note for the Leprechaun, too, that read, "You smell like cabbage."

I had to chuckle over that one!

HAVE YOU EVER MADE A LEPRECHAUN TRAP?

7 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Too cute. I love how innocent young children are.

TARYTERRE said...

i am part irish and never heard of a Leprechaun trap. but what a cute idea. the golden easter bunny was sweet too.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You smell like cabbage. That is hilarious. Just had some cabbage for lunch. :)

diane.stetson said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day ..We are all a little Irish today. Love the trap you made for your grandchild.

Kit said...

I have never heard of one. That is so cute! Happy St. Pattys Day to you and yours. :) Kit

Chatty Crone said...


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO YOU! I have never made a trap. Did you catch one? Love, sandie

Red Rose Alley said...

Have never heard of a leprechaun trap before. I'm not a bit Irish either, but I love the holiday. The second doll you showed is perfect for St. Patrick's Day. Her dress is a vibrant color of green. So pretty.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails