Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Touches of Beauty


Alexandra Stoddard, a favorite cherished writer and interior designer, convinces people that it is important to surround one's self with beauty.

Making home a place of total love and delight is not hard to do when one has lots of things that appeal to the eye, heart, and mind.


While browsing in Marshall's one day this spring, a dish detergent bottle caught my eye. 

  Seriously, a dish detergent bottle? 

 Uh huh.

Its intricate pattern is so appealing and artistic.

The citrus detergent inside, once gone, can be replaced with good ol' faithful Dawn Dish Detergent.

Next to a Mexican tile in the back-splash near the kitchen sink, it looks so cool!

A small cobalt blue colored vase with pansies rests on the windowsill above. 

Both objects are little things, small touches of beauty,  that make their own decorating statements in the kitchen.

WHAT IS ONE LITTLE THING THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?

7 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

What a unique looking soap dispenser. I've seen these decorative bottles here and there, but never thought of putting your own soap inside. What a great idea. This matches your tile perfectly. And your cobalt blue vase is pretty, Susan, especially with that yellow flower.

~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

These days I am into everything and anything aqua - color of the sea and freshness I guess.

Love your beautiful home touches.

TARYTERRE said...

the dish detergent bottle is beautiful for sure. great idea to reuse it after it's empty.

Linda O'Connell said...

I just knew this was in your Mexican tiled kitchen, Gorgeous!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is so pretty. I always love to add a little touch of color, whimsy and beauty to my rooms.

diane stetson said...

Very pretty Susan. Your choice of colors is lovely

Kit said...

My home! I just love it and I love to change it up. :) Kit

Related Posts with Thumbnails