Thursday, August 30, 2018

A Dainty Darling


While looking over merchandise at a yard sale that had an everything $1 table, a rather dirty but lovely porcelain figure of a young lady stood out.


Picking her up, she had a very pretty face, delicate hands, and an old-fashioned, floor-length dress.


  It was impossible to pass her up.

Once home, dish detergent and a little bleach with warm water gently cleaned her up.


Her dress became very light pastel pink.


On the bottom of the piece was written Lady Caroline by Homco , 1993 and made in Mexico.


She goes for more than $20 on eBay but for now, she's a keeper and looks adorable on the living room fireplace mantel.



By all the photos, can you tell I like her?

DO YOU LIKE PORCELAIN PIECES?

8 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a lovely piece. I don't usually go for that style or procelain but she is lovely. So glad you could see her beauty under the grime.

Terra said...

She is very lovely and the definition of graceful. Aren't you glad you cleaned her up and took her home? I know you are.

diane stetson said...

Very pretty. I thought you were cutting down on getting items Susan...but ha ha I know you are not...I'm sure you love your porcelain find.

Chatty Crone said...

She is beautiful - you must have suspected she would be pretty. I do own some porcelain pieces of my mothers and MIL. She was lovely and I can tell you love her. sandie

Red Rose Alley said...

She's sweet, Susan. You know, I always look around for these porcelain lady figurines, I LOVE THEM! It's hard to come across them, but once in awhile I'll find one in a vintage or antique shop. I bet she looks lovely on the fireplace mantel. What a great find, Susan.

~Sheri

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Susan,

I wanted to let you know that you are one of the Winners of my Blog Giveaway. Congratulations!

The item you won is the new magazine Celebrate! that I'm creating for the anniversary. Which means it's not ready to send to you. But I will setting your name in a safe place so that as soon as it's published, you'll get the first copy!!

If you'd email me your mailing address (my email is in my blog sidebar), I'd like to pop a little something in the mail to you in the meantime.

Brenda xox

Linda O'Connell said...

You find the cutest things, Susan. She is a beauty.

TARYTERRE said...

charming.

Related Posts with Thumbnails