Monday, November 5, 2018

Enchanting Dollhouse Hobby


For as far back as can be remembered, dollhouses and miniatures have been my favorite hobby.

Maybe the obsession started in kindergarten.


There was a dollhouse in that very first classroom and little ones could play with it if they exhibited good behavior.  How I loved that primitive wooden structure.

The love of dollhouses never really went away and for every decade of my life, the hobby has given unparalleled joy.


This fall, all the usual Halloween decorations came out again.  The summer flowers were packed away and replaced with tiny leaves.

Unbelievably, those little leaves were cut out individually from colored tissue paper. (Sometimes, hobbies make us do crazy things.)


What a task it was collecting them and putting them in a plastic baggie until next fall! 


But the work was worth it because the dollhouse continues to be a labor of love.



WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRECIOUS HOBBY?

3 comments:

diane stetson said...

Oh your dollhouses are spectacular. You do a fabulous job of decorating them and I know it is a labor of love for you. I do not have the patience nor the talent to do something like that. Enjoy changing the decorations for the Christmas holidays next. Beautiful.

Red Rose Alley said...

It's always fun to see your dollhouse miniatures, Susan. So many cute and precious items. I love that Pink doll house - what a nice hobby this is. : )

~Sheri

ps....my most precious hobby is photography. It makes me happy to take pictures, especially of God's nature.

Chatty Crone said...

I guess I have unusual hobbies??? Blogs, church volunteerism, and friends! Love your doll house.

Related Posts with Thumbnails