Thursday, November 29, 2018

How Does a Collection of Anything Begin?


Small gifts of holiday items have a way of turning into major collections.



Many years ago, a very dear friend gifted me with a dandy version of Santa.



His smiling, roly poly self graced the buffet and made lots of people smile.



The next year, another Santa found his way to our house.



Gifts of Santas continued throughout the decades.





They were also picked up for pennies year-round at yard sales and thrift shops.



Today, after more than 40 years of marriage, raising two great kids, loving five grandchildren, and making several moves, there is definitely a Santa collection in our attic.



They come in all shapes and sizes, colors, and descriptions. 



Honestly, I love 'em all.  Part ( yup, just part) of the collection graces a bathroom counter this year.  



Hope you enjoy seeing them!


WHAT IS ONE (OR MORE) OF YOUR COLLECTIONS?

8 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a great collection of Santa's! I've had collections of rocking horses, snowmen and Santa's. Trying to downsize now so trying to keep smaller collections. I like old vintage Christmas knickknacks!

diane stetson said...

Very nice collection...one of your many collections of things Susan. I do not collect anything. Oh wait...I do have six or seven music boxes...That's about it. I'm sure you and your guests will enjoy looking at all your Santa's.

Sally Wessely said...

Fun! Yes those collections start just like that. A friend gives a gift, then another gives a similar gift, and then everyone thinks that you collect such things, and soon, you do. My bell collection started just like that.

Red Rose Alley said...

I think if you're going to have a collection, a Santa collection is the best to have, right? What a nice collection you have, Susan. The one that caught my eye was the Santa in the gold glittery jacket. Gold and Red is so pretty at Christmas time. That little Dutch one is cute to. I only have a few Santa's, but I love each and every one of them. Yes, it's funny how collections start, isn't it? : )

~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

I LOVE your eclectic Santa's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a lot of Santa ornaments and one year I am going to just have a Santa tree!

Linda O'Connell said...

You do have a collection. That third one looks like an Anna Lee. Enjoy the holidays with your sweeties.

TARYTERRE said...

what a charming collection of santas you have. love them all.

Rebecca said...

What a fun and charming collection, Susan. I have a few Santa's mySELF... mostly out in our Christmas cabin. (Which reminds me, I should get out there and dust things off a bit!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails