Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Front Hall Table Nativity Figures From the Philippines


Regular readers of this blog may remember posts on nativity figures made in the Philippines.

(If you missed them and are remotely interested, you can click on these links:  here and here....)
They are so exquisite, colorful, and sparkly.

They were found at an estate sale of an elegant castle, Blantyre.https://blantyre.com/about-blantyre/

It was noted the previous owner of Blantyre used to order sets of these figures as Christmas gifts to friends and family. (Wow, lucky recipients.)



They were not even expensive at the estate sale.
Each year since then, they gave been a cherished addition to holiday decor. 

This year they are on the front hall table.

DO YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE NATIVITY SET?

6 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That's a lovely nativity set. I do have a few small ones from around the world.

Tanza Erlambang - Every Day Issues said...

wonderful set of nativity from South East Asian.
have a great day

diane stetson said...

I have three nativity sets. One is hand carved by a local person, another I had given to my Mother and she gave it back to me when she downsized and the last one was given to me by my son and his wife. I have all of them on top of my baby grand piano for the holiday season.

Red Rose Alley said...

I love seeing your Nativity set every year, Susan. This one from the Philippines is beautiful. I have a Nativity set, and it's beautiful too, with real fabric and jewels for the clothes. It's a bigger one, and very special to me. : )

~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

Nice set Susan - we only have one - it is all white porcelain and very pretty - simple tho.

Linda O'Connell said...

Those are real beauties. Our nativity set is really old. It makes me happy to put it up each year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails