Thursday, January 31, 2019

"Shopping" at Home for Valentine Lovelies


What do a red candle, old-fashioned punch bowl, a string of heart-shaped lights, and a rose-covered wreath have in common?

Put them all together and they make a perfectly delightful Valentine's Day decoration.

Best of all, using things already found around the house saves money because you don't have to spend even a single dime.


Whenever going to thrift shops or making stops at yard or estate sales, I'm always on-the-lookout for candles of all shapes, sizes, colors, and scents. 

They are usually very inexpensive.

The tall red candle shown in this post was less than two bucks and, at the time of purchase, had never been used!

Many years ago, the  old-fashioned punch bowl happened to be found in a what-not shop for $15.00.


The rose-covered wreath is also pretty old. 

 Every time I think of throwing it out, it doesn't quite make it into the charity goods bag because it's so darned pretty.

Last, but not least, the heart-shaped tiny lights on a long plastic "string" came from Target one year.

 I remember I paid  $3.00 for them.


This year, the rosy wreath went into the punch bowl, along with the heart-shaped, battery-operated lights. 

The tall red candle fit perfectly into the middle of the wreath.


Voila!  The pretty little decoration is giving a nice, Valentine's Day touch to the front hall table.

WHAT WOULD YOU LOVE TO RECEIVE AS A VALENTINE'S DAY GIFT?

4 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...


What great finds shopping at home! Your Valentine decoration looks sweet, festive, colorful and just beautiful! Love that you have it lit up, love that it sparkles, heartwarming! I think I'll go shopping now!
Stay warm~
Nancy

Chatty Crone said...

You have your home so dressed up for Valentine's Day - I love it. W hat would I like for Valentine's day - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - dark chocolate candy! hahahaha What do you want?

diane stetson said...

I just like to get cards for Valentines day. I also send them and that makes me happy. Cute decorations at your house.

TARYTERRE said...

what a charming display for valentines day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails