Monday, February 4, 2019

Mystery Plant Solved






The number of plants proliferates incredibly around here.

Hubs loves plants and so do I, although we are not expert growers.


When cold weather threatens, the room which used to be my office, becomes stuffed to the gills with plants. 

They spend the summers outdoors but have to be indoors in the bitter cold winters.

Well, the room they are in is still my office but there are too many plants in there for me to be able to comfortably write, read, or file.


One day, recently, I entered the room and there, amidst a sea of greenery, was a plant in full bloom.

It had gorgeous deep pink blossoms that looked like they were straining to see the sun.

Hubs brought the plant downstairs, to the kitchen table, because of its intense beauty.


Because I didn't know what kind of plant it was, I sent a photo of it to my son-in-law who knows just about everything about anything.

He texted back, "cyclamen."


It's native to Europe and the Mediterranean basin, according to information from online research.

It is truly a gift to see a blooming cyclamen at any time of year, but especially in the dark gray of winter.

This sweet and adorable plant is a real cheerer-upper!



HAVE YOU EVER GROWN A CYCLAMEN?

7 comments:

diane stetson said...

We have them here but I do not have any at my house. So pretty.

TARYTERRE said...

what a charming plant. pretty blossoms.

Chatty Crone said...

Never - but it sure is pretty!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda O'Connell said...

cyclamen is a real climber around here. They are beautiful.

Nancy's Notes said...

I love cyclamen, they are just beautiful!

Kit said...

So lovely!! Now that is a plant to brighten up a winter day. :) Kit

Red Rose Alley said...

What a sweet little plant, and such a stunning color, Susan. It looks like just the right plant to put out for Valentine's Day. I'm not familiar with the cyclamen, but it sure is pretty. Your son-in-law knows his stuff. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails