Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Olive Oil Can "Planters"


All through the year, empty Berio Olive Oil cans have been washed and saved.



Hubs removed their tops.

This spring, three of the stash of cans have become containers for plants.  


That's exactly what was in mind for them.



Three of the plants for the containers are chives, chocolate mint, and Mexican tarragon.

They rim a shelf on the small back porch.


The plants are as happy with the sun as I am with them!

DO YOU RE-PURPOSE CONTAINERS IN YOUR PLACE?

6 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

That is very clever and cute! I love it.

diane stetson said...

No I do not. I buy olive oil in bottle containers. You sure do make good use of your oil containers though. Enjoy the plants. I'd like the chocolate mint.

Chatty Crone said...

I don't, but I want to do this. What does chocolate mint taste like?

agatek said...

This is a great idea !. They look fantastic. Greetings :)

Red Rose Alley said...

That is such a creative idea, Susan. I love those olive oil cans. I see a lot of blog friends planting herbs right now. Jess used to have a little basil plant that she used for cooking. I am wondering what you do with the chocolate mint, sounds interesting?

~Sheri

Deborah Jane said...

Do you make a hole in the bottom of the can for drainage? Btw the olive oil can planters featured in Almodovar's recent wonderful film, in Penelope Cruz's courtyard garden

Related Posts with Thumbnails