Sunday, November 10, 2019

A Valuable Quote...




It's easy to feel lost.

Life can be hard.

Problems confound us by the dozen and we endlessly worry about our difficulties, health, and sometimes, even the future.

Recently, I heard a quote that resonated to the core of my being.

Here it is:

   "The best way to find yourself
      Is to lose yourself in the service of others." 
                                         (Mahatma Gandhi)

What wisdom is in those two lines.

When we get out of "self" and help others, we really and truly do find ourselves and life becomes filled to the brim with possibilities.

CAN YOU TELL US ONE WAY YOU SERVE OTHERS?

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh Susan that quote is the truth! The best way to get over yourself is to help others.

diane stetson said...

I love to take care of my grandchildren and give much of my time to them without any pay and spend money driving them to their various activities while their parents work. I will do it as long as I am able.

Kit said...

I have always been happiest when taking care of others. The best job I ever had was as Head Cook of our high school. I was made to serve. I still try and help others each day as I shop, visit places and live in my neighborhood. 😊 Kit

TARYTERRE said...

there is great wisdom in those words. a wonderful thought for the day.

Linda O'Connell said...

I absolutely believe this to be true. I donated all of Charlie's baby toys/equipment to a shelter and felt proud knowing some other baby would benefit and a mother would have something useful they need.

Related Posts with Thumbnails