Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory


Anyone who loves butterflies would probably enjoy a visit to the Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory in western Massachusetts.


A mini-day trip there is a total joy for butterfly-lovers and warm, tropical air enthusiasts.



The warm, tropical inside rooms of the conservatory are a welcome diversion from ice, snow, and cold temps outside.



Here are some butterflies feasting on what looks like bananas.  When these butterflies open up, they are richly colored turquoise.







The tropical plants and flowers add to the rich ambiance.


More than 4,200 butterflies from all continents except for Antarctica fly around, too, and sometimes land on arms, shoulders, and even heads of the visitors.





Today, I will show you some butterfly photos.


Another post will focus on the plants and flowers. 

Below are some butterfly kites at Magic Wings.






If interested, enjoy!

WHAT, IF ANYTHING, DO YOU LIKE ABOUT BUTTERFLIES?

6 comments:

diane stetson said...

Beautiful pictures of a very fun place. Glad you took time out to go there. I have monarch butterflies in my yard often.

Chatty Crone said...

I have never seen an aqua butterfly.
I think butterflies to me - mean hope.

Linda O'Connell said...

Such an amazing place to be still and wonder, observe, and appreciate. I used to order a cocoon form a science lab and hatch a large moth when I taught little ones. It was an amazing experience.

SImple and Serene Living said...

What a magical place to visit. Especially on a cold winter day. xo Laura

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my gosh, you DID see some butterflies, and these are incredible! Isn't the butterfly an amazing sight! I love that first one with the red and yellow. And the photo with the butterfly on your shoe is so delightful. Those butterfly kites are something else!

~Sheri

Laurel Wood said...

Oh, so pretty.
My late mother and I enjoyed flower gardening in her later years, even though she was legally blind. With the help of hospice, I kept mother at home until she passed away. Shortly after she passed, I walked out into the garden and a butterfly landed on a flower right in front of me. I captured a photo, even though the sun was so bright, I could not see the view finder. It turned out to be a lovely photo. But flies are very special and remind me of my precious mother.

Related Posts with Thumbnails