Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Fabulous Fragrance


Think of all your favorite fragrances and how blessed a person is to smell them!


The scent of lilacs is particularly magnificent to me.

One whiff  of that flower transports me to childhood where fluffy, lavender flowers covered almost every inch of dozens of neighborhood lilac bushes.


Some bushes had deep purple lilacs and very few had pink or white flowers.

The fragrance, wafting through the spring air, intoxicated.


Fast forward a couple of decades, when the kids were little and money was non-existent.

Big bouquets of lilacs, placed in vases all through the house, made me feel like a queen.


Now,  even more decades later, the sight and smell of lilacs still fill my heart with deepest joy.

Lovely lilacs are the best.

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LILACS, LIKE WHERE AND HOW THEY ORIGINATED?

7 comments:

Terra said...

I too find the scent of lilacs intoxicating and it takes me back to my childhood home on the banks of Lake Michigan and our three large lilacs, one deep purple, one lilac color, and one white. I finally found a lilac that will grow in California, hurray.

Chatty Crone said...

About all I know is that they are beautiful and smell really good!

Joyful said...

Very beautiful. I agree that the scent of lilacs is divine.

diane stetson said...

Miss having lilac bushes...they remind me of my childhood and I love all colors and of course the wonderful smell they have. Lucky you to have some.

SImple and Serene Living said...

Lilacs are so beautiful. I sure do wish I wasn't allergic to their fragrance. xo Laura

Linda O'Connell said...

My favorite floral fragrance, too. Now I have it indoors because my perfume bottle broke in the bathroom, spilling all its fragrance on the floor.

Red Rose Alley said...

That is the prettiest picture of the lilacs in your white milk vase. I can smell them from here, Susan. What sweet memories you have of your childhood and the lilac bushes. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails