Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Fall Decorating Begins!

 Every fall, for as long as remembered, the thought of decorating brought joy to my heart.

This year, without my beloved husband, the thought of skipping it ran through my mind.


But I really love autumn and all the fun decorations one can use to make the house look festive.

So I trudged up to the attic and retrieved some of the little scarecrows, faux leaves, and other decorations. 

Then, I made a trip to the man cave and, with tears in my eyes, retrieved an arrangement hubs had.

It's quite exotic looking with long, pointy orange flowers. 

 

It looks nice in front of some of the amber glass lining one of the kitchen windows.

Seasons change, circumstances change, life changes. 

WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT AUTUMN?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

Lovely fall decorations. We do not have fall where I live. Right now we are in a huge heat wave. I miss fall in New England. I usually travel there in October but won't be doing that this year. BOO HOO

Anne Robinson said...

This was a lovely post. I wish I were nearby so I could hug you and pray for you in person. Your decorations are wonderful and such a beautiful tribute about your hubby I love fall and the changing colors, the cooler days and the crunching leaves underneath our feet. But we are sitting here waiting for a winter storm to come in. It is weird weather now and we have had so many fires that the air is awful. We pray the snow helps put these fires out for the rest of the year. It has been a difficult year all around.
Take care and I hope your week is filled with blessings and much love. HUGS across the miles XO XO

Chatty Crone said...

Well I love. love, love fall. The colors. The weather. Everything!

Linda O'Connell said...

I think fall is arriving early this year. My daughter just put out her yard decorations. I am waiting a couple weeks. Yours look so pretty. Please drop by my blog to see the unusual sight I saw. https://lindaoconnell.blogspot.com

Kit said...

I am glad you decorated! I won't start till Oct. 1st and then my Halloween goes out. Take care. Love, Kit

Related Posts with Thumbnails