Saturday, September 5, 2020

Watching the Sun Go Down

When is the last time you watched the sun go down?

It is truly an awesome experience.

With a dear friend, I recently went to the top of a state forest at dusk.


Driving to that high level was very scary to me because of a fear of heights but with firm determination that it was possible, I made it.

Whew!

Watching the sun slowly, s-l-o-w-l-y drop down below the horizon turned out to be truly spectacular.

 Despite the immense turmoil we are all living in, there are still moments when one is thrilled to be human and alive.


The predominate thought that ran through my mind was how immensely grateful it feels to have the priceless gift of sight, in order to witness such a phenomena.

 WHAT IS ONE OF THE MOST PRECIOUS THINGS YOU LIKE TO SEE?

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

That was a gorgeous catch! I can't believe you got it. Awesome.

diane stetson said...

OH very pretty Susan
I've watched the sunset at the Pacific Ocean many times and it is always beautiful. I too am so happy for the gift of sight to see God's creations.

Nellie said...

Amazing sunset! I love being at the beach and watching the sunset over the ocean.

ellen said...

Congratulations on conquering your fear! The photos are beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing the face of my newborn granddaughter in October! God is good!

Linda O'Connell said...

Evening is my favorite time of the day, and I love to watch the sunset on a beach. It makes my heart sing.

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, what beautiful photos of the sunset you saw with a friend. You know, I'm a morning person, so I see the sunrises more often than the sunsets. Haven't seen a sunset in awhile. Thanks for sharing. Yes, it is a blessing to have the sight to see all of nature's wonders.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

.....and I got to see lovely You today! Love that necklace. : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails