Friday, December 10, 2021

Advent Wreath Brings Peace


For many years now, an advent wreath has graced the middle of the kitchen table.

This year has been no exception.

The wreath got changed this year. 

The "new" one has faux greens and holders that clip the candles more securely than in previous years.

Also, I found four sweet horn-blowing angels at a yard sale last summer, purchased them for $1.00, and put them around the wreath. 

They look adorable.
 



There are light purple bows on the wreath, too.

Actually, it was a gift from an old friend from high school who got it from a woman she did care taking for. 

The lady died and the friend helped settle the estate. 

I am very grateful as I love the new wreath.    



An advent wreath symbolizes the four weeks leading up to the birth of the Baby Jesus. 

Prayers are said nightly before meals, remembering the little King's momentous birth so long ago.


HAVE YOU EVER HAD AN ADVENT WREATH?

2 comments:

diane stetson said...

I have never had an advent wreath in all the years I've lived. Yours is lovely.

Red Rose Alley said...

A pretty Advent wreath, Susan. I love the Purple at Advent. It's so beautiful to me. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails