Friday, December 18, 2009

Poinsettia Magic!




On a recent trip to the Christmas Tree Shops, a beautifully cutout tablecloth caught my attention. It was pure white with bright, red poinsettias cut into the cloth on the flat surface as well as along the corners.


Not wanting to spend the money on the tablecloth, I didn't buy it and felt very proud of my self-restraint. However, thoughts of how beautiful the tablecloth would look on the dining room table kept coming into my mind. The nearest Christmas Tree Shops is an hour away from our house. Luckily, I made a second trip there with a friend about a week later. The tablecloths with the poinsettias had been moved and I thought they were sold out but a salesperson found one for me. Merry Christmas to me.


It is simple but elegant and turned out to be a very nice Christmas gift to me, (from me! ha!)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

It IS beautiful. Enjoy every meal served at your table and each guest gathered 'round. How very unique and special.

diane stetson said...

My friend brought me a gorgeous poinsettia plant last week and I have a green tablecloth to put it on...it's lovely along with my two dozen ruby red roses...picture perfect. I like the tablecloth you have too....so festive!

Anonymous said...

Sue, It is so relaxing reading your thoughts from the heart.

Related Posts with Thumbnails