Monday, September 5, 2011

Front Hall Table Transformation

     
Today, Writing Straight From The Heart is joining Metamorphosis Monday on Susan's fascinating blog, Between Naps on the Porch.  Fellow bloggers share projects around their homes.      

       Decorating for the seasons is so much fun.

      I love to add little touches of loveliness in many rooms of our home.  If something can make a guest smile, then it's worth the time and trouble it took to haul boxes filled with decorations down from the attic. 

      In the front hallway, the table is usually filled to the edges with photographs, most in brass frames.  These had to be carefully placed in a plastic bin and brought up two flights of stairs to the attic.

Then, I placed a fall runner on the newly dusted and polished table. It has sunflowers on it and cows and is in many lovely shades of color. It's perfect for fall.

     Welcoming anyone who steps inside the front door is a rag tag assortment of scarcrows and a little pumpkin person. He holds a sign that says "Welcome to Our Patch."




       A vase with attractive silk flowers (rescued from someone throwing them away) and lots of autumn leaves adds to the ambiance. Pretty soon I'm going to fire-up the maple scented candle.





     There's even a little fall angel with a leaf-covered dress and wings! Everytime I glance in her direction, she makes me smile.


WHAT IS THE BEST PART OF FALL FOR YOU?

11 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Your home is looking ready for autumn days! Very cute!

Linda O'Connell said...

Autumn hit here with a forty degree temperature drop, and a gusty micro burst that uprooted trees a block away. Yikes. Thanks for still visiting my blog, Susan. Don't know why you can't post.

Bookie said...

Everything looks so nice, Susan! The temps dropped here early this morning...relief. I am feeling very fallish here too.

diane stetson said...

Temps will be in the 90's this coming Wednesday...no fall here.

Susan said...

Oh Susan, I want to start decorating for fall!! I think I will start tomorrow!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This is so sweet and yippee for fall. I am slowly changing some decor around here. I love the colors of fall!

Debbie said...

What a cute and welcoming display on your table! LOVE all the warm fall colors and happy faces.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my headboard, Susan! I am so eager to decorate for Fall; I love your pieces! We are moving though so I have to put it off for now.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I can't even begin to think of Fall when our temps are still 115 during the day and 90 at night. :/ Sure was nice to see the changing leaves in Paris. Your decorations are so sweet.

I wonder why you still aren't able to sign in when you visit me? Only you and Val in Louisiana seem to have that problem. :/ Hope you are having a good day. Tammy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Great Fall decor!! The best part for me is the cool crisp air but with vibrant sunshine reflecting off the changing leaves!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with with you - I love the fall decorations - and the colors - and the temperatures - I love everything about it!
Love, sandie

Related Posts with Thumbnails