Saturday, November 26, 2011

Time to Decorate!



Right after the last Thanksgiving sandwich has been eaten, out come the Christmas decorations.

At least that's how it's always been at our house.  This year, however, is a bit different. We will be getting a later than usual start to decorating.

Pretty soon, however, the angels will come down from the attic as well as box upon box of ornaments and decorations. 

Remember to take frequent breaks as the holiday rush begins.  Baking, decorating, planning, shopping, and wrapping all have to be done, but  not all at the same time.

This Sunday, as decorations get unwrapped and placed around the house, keep happiness in your heart.  It's a stressful season but beautiful, too. 

Looking at the beautiful angel above makes me feel peaceful and filled with anticipation for the weeks ahead.

I hope you have a heart filled with peace today and all through the holiday season. 

DO YOU DECORATE FOR THE HOLIDAYS WITH ANGELS?

13 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Susan! Our Christmas decorations are kept in the basement. The other day, I brought up a darling tree that one of my daughters-in-law decorated a few years ago. I'll have to post a photo of it...if I have one, and if not...I'll take one! Enjoy your Sunday!

middle child said...

I used to line two glass shelves with those types of angels. They are so pretty.

Rose Petal Hollow said...

Your angel is beautiful. We start decorating the day after Thanksgiving. I like having the decorations up as long as possible.
MaryAnn

Linda O'Connell said...

My decorations were up Thursday, and there are snowmen smiling at me from every nook and cranny. But I wait two weeks to put up the tree. It takes up too much space and makes our small livingroom even smaller. Your angel is gorgeous.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Finished my Thanksgiving yesterday so today it's on with the Christmas decorations. I have some angels I decorate with. Enjoy your Sunday. xo linda

Susan said...

I do have a few angels. I will have to post about them soon. Your angel is gorgeous!!

dstetswon said...

I have several angels and some ornaments of angels that were made by my Mom I put up each year.
"Angels we have heard on high, sweetly singing o'er the plains"

Rebecca said...

I have a ms-matched collection of angel ornaments that I sometimes decorate a small tree with. Not sure I'm going to the effort this year. (Truth is, I have way too many Christmas decorations and it's getting to be a pain to haul them all out, sort, make decisions, etc. What to do? What to do?)

YOUR angel is a lovely one.

Carolyn said...

Hi Susan,
I do love to decorate with angels both indoors and out.I have one very similar to yours-I love the wings!

Carolyn

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Your angel is beautiful in her velvet dress and lovely white feathery wings! Sweet face too.

We had a busy few days but have most of our decorating done. The weather was mild and perfect. I remember bitter cold days so this was most pleasant.

Kit said...

Oh she is pretty! I do not have many angels but I love to use vintage decorations and lots of red and green. I start my decorating tomorrow! I can't wait. Kit

Chatty Crone said...

She is a beautiful angel there Susan. So pretty.

I have angels that I decorate with and one for the top of our tree.

sandie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I use a bit of everything from angels to Santa's and everything else. I do every room in a different theme and color scheme and I should be hitting at least 14 trees of various sizes and shapes with ornaments or lights on them..
I am posting room by room over at my Christmas blog. I hope you will stop by...

Hugs,
Debbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails