Friday, December 16, 2011

Denver, Colorado, Art Museum

                                   (A chandelier for sale in the Denver Art Museum Gift Shop!)


A visit to the Denver (Colorado)  Art Museum is an unforgettable experience that will awaken all of the senses.

Located in two huge buildings, in 356,000 square feet of space, at a cost of $116 million, its contents spans the world.

If you go there, get ready for a mind-boggling experience where you can see bold architecture, collections from around the world, and peruse hundreds of colorful items in an expansive gift shop.

The day we visited, my husband inquired about the very unique chandelier in the gift shop. (SHOWN AT THE TOP OF THIS POST.) It costs $3,200.  To me, it resembles a rather elegant lighted octopus!

What do you think of it?  Would you buy it for your house?

                     (This is a shot of the Denver Art Museum Gift Shop by Susan Wicker)


The glass items displayed defy description. Rich in color and design, they are absolutely startling in their beauty.



How about this glass-walled rainbow colored room where children can play?  It's like being inside a colorful wonderland.



From time to time, there will be more posts on this blog  highlighting attractions in the Denver Art Museum.  So stay tuned if this is the kind of thing you like seeing photos of and reading about.

DO YOU ENJOY VISITING ART MUSEUMS?

4 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love art museums and this post reminds me I haven't been in ages. I love the glass but not in my home. hugs, Linda

dstetson said...

I love museums period..any kind. Just went to the Natural History Museum on the Harvard campus during my Thanksgiving vacation and loved it. Thanks for posting these great pics of the art museum in Colorado. I want to visit.

Chatty Crone said...

You get to go to the most unusual places. I like seeing that glass, but I would not put that in my home. I do like going to museums and like Linda I can't remember the last one I went too! sandie

Annesphamily said...

This is a beautiful museum. when the kids were small we took them every first Saturday of the month for free day! They had arts and crafts and we got to see all the exhibits it is still a favorite of ours and the beautiful changes are amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails