Friday, August 30, 2013

"Free" Toys from Yard Sale Leftovers



Everyone should have a friend like one of mine, Patti.

She can spot a bargain a mile away.


When it comes to second hand clothing, her eyes zoom in on designer selections.

She also scouts the city streets after yard sales close down and picks up perfectly wonderful merchandise completely free.  

Now that's being thrifty!



People usually want to get rid of left over merchandise and my friend accommodates them.

Almost all the toys I have for my granddaughter, and they are beautiful toys!, came from my dear friend's foraging forays.

She's left clean trash bags filled with loot on our front porch!



Of course, I scrub all items with soap and hot water and then even give them a bleach and water rinse.

The toy shown in this post was one of the freebies.

When pressed, the animals make all kinds of noises and my little sweet pea just loves it.

I'm so grateful for all the free toys and, of course, I'm very thankful for Patti!


Joining Thrifty Things Friday on Diann's blog, The Thrifty Groove, co-hosted by Linda at A La Carte.

HAVE YOU RECYCLED TOYS?

7 comments:

diane.stetson said...

We have a recycled toy shop in my area and I have found great things there. When I went the other day it was closed forever..boo hoo. Now I have to scout around for another one.

Jeannie Marie said...

Yes! I've recycled toys many a time! You have a fabulous friend!!

Nellie said...

Oh, my, yes! A toy isn't really loved unless it is recycled, often MANY times!:-)

You have a really good friend in Patti. It sounds like she knows how to shop.

The Old Parsonage said...

Abosolutely and I still have favorites from our boys waiting in the attic for the next generation:)

Dee said...

I think it is a talent to spot good bargains and freebies....your friends is a friend indeed :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Some of Tiger's favorite toys are re-cycled! I love the look of this animal toy you shared. Your friend sounds pretty awesome! Thanks for linking to TTF!

hugs,
Linda

Chatty Crone said...

Okay those were some great toys and the price was RIGHT! Very clean too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails