Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Autumn in the Dollhouse Yard


Since the dollhouse got a yard, it now requires changing for each season.



The summer furniture has been cleared away in order to make way for autumn.



Trust me, I am not a perfectionist dollhouse miniaturist.



Collectors who are purists would probably have a lot of constructive advice for me. ha!



A lot of my decorations are homemade and that's fine with me. 

Nothing in my dollhouse (or my life) is perfect. Far from it.



While watching re-runs of the Waltons and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, I managed to cut out dozens of little leaves, in different shapes, from faux autumn leaves.

The bushel basket of apples came from Michael's Craft Store.



On the dollhouse railing are two little pumpkins and a kitty cat wearing a witch's hat.


Scarecrow stands guard on the "brick" stairs, also recently made. 




Was so happy to find flat bricks at a yard sale this fall. 





Put several of them together with liquid nails and then drew on the brick "lines." 


So happy to share autumn at the dollhouse with you!

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING MINIATURE?

13 comments:

Zaa said...

OMG Susan..
This is just too much fun... Ha ha.. I can often be found playing with my dollies too even when my grand- daughter isn't around.. .. ENJOY your creativity. Thanks for sharing ...Hugs

SImple and Serene Living said...

Susan, I think it is all adorable. I love that you make it yourself. Very creative. I do a lot while watching reruns of the Waltons, too. :)
xo
Laura

Rebecca said...

I've been neglecting my miniatures for several months now.....Your autumn changes are adorable. Makes me want to get back "into" it!

Unknown said...

ello from Spain: awesome dollhouse. Beautiful autumn decoration. You have a lot of creativity. I love it. Keep in touch

marianne said...

I want to be sitting in the Autumn yard of the dollhouse! How adorable and inviting. I can just smell the fallen leaves and feel the warm sunshine.

I have some miniature trick or treaters and also some "scary" figures that I use for a Halloween scene. Have not set them up yet so I better get going as October is whizzing by.



diane.stetson said...

Love all your miniatures. You did a great job making them and had such fun in the process. Now you can look and admire them!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Susan, this is so cute. I don't have a dollhouse but totally enjoy those of you who do and share with us!
hugs,
Linda

Terri Tiffany said...

I have nothing miniature so I enjoy seeing yours all the more. I think it's nice that you ready it for the seasons. Can't wait to see Christmas! Again, your pictures always are wonderful! Have a great day!

Chatty Crone said...

I think decorating your doll house for Halloween is wonderful and fun - I love it!

Barbara Neubeck said...

... I love all the Autumn colours of the Dollhouse Garden, Susan....
Your little scarecrow is so handsome... and i love the 'brich steps' ....
Hugs and Blessings ...Barb xxx

Nellie said...

No minis here, but I do love that black cat!

Linda O'Connell said...

How fun to create in miniature. You have a knack for both houses.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your doll house is darling, Susan. Jess loves miniature things. The girls used to have a doll house, and I ended up giving it away when they were all grown up. Now, I wish I kept it. Yours is so cute.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails