Friday, January 16, 2015

After Christmas "Ganga"



Usually, once Christmas is over, I don't want to see even one pine needle, ornament or snowman-covered wrapping paper.

However,  one day last week, while waiting for someone, I had a short window of free time.


Naturally, I zipped into a nearby Goodwill store.

My cart whizzed past the Christmas items and moved toward the housewares.

A quick stop in the linens section, however, turned up a jackpot.

A really beautiful red tablecloth with cut-out poinsettias, tinged in gold thread, hung from a hanger.

It was a perfect size for our large dining room table.

There was a huge sale on Christmas items and the tablecloth would cost only $7.50.

I bought it, brought it home, washed it and tried it on for size on the dining room table.  Perfect!

Think I'll keep it on through Valentine's Day.



WHAT WAS THE LAST THRIFT STORE BARGAIN ITEM YOU BOUGHT?                                       


11 comments:

Nellie said...

My husband's famous last words, "I don't need anything from there," and he came home with a filing cabinet.:)

Your tablecloth is lovely, and I'd definitely leave it on the table for awhile!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It's a beauty for sure. I just found some dishes I'm in love with at the thrift shop!

Bookie said...

Very pretty, Susan. I agree you should keep it out a while. I still have some snow men, dashes of red, some winter berries and such out. I have not been in thrift store for long while...trying to cure myself. Ha!

Rose said...

Great find. I love it.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I really like your new tablecloth. Very nice and elegant. In my town there are not thrift store. A pity. Keep in touch

marianne said...

Great find for a great price. Works perfectly for mid winter thru Valentine's Day. I love red at this time of year; brightens up the darkest of days.

Haven't been to the thrift store in quite a while, but was just thinking I should make a stop when I go out to do errands this afternoon.

My last good find was a small milk glass compote dish which I use all the time, for fruit, cookies, candy, a candle etc. etc. Love to re-purpose!

Sandi said...

What a find!

I like how the edges are cut out. Unique!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Very pretty and a perfect fit. Warm wishes, Tammy

Chatty Crone said...

I have to say this - that was a beautiful table cloth. Good deal.

You know I have been so busy I can;t remember the last time I went thrifting! I need to do that.

diane.stetson said...

I don't shop thrift shops..I don't shop period unless I need something so didn't have any luck with finding anything...You always seem to get the best deals so have a great time...love the red tablecloth!

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

Beautiful tablecloth. Works for Valentines as well as Christmas. Always nice to have different tablecloths to change out over the year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails