Saturday, February 28, 2015

Lamps in Many Styles


Lighting in a house is very important.

One can never really have too many lamps.


Some really help light up a room.



Others are used to create a mood.

Visiting the Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Massahuchusetts, and seeing some of the lamps in the gift shop, as well as some even in the ladies' room, is enough to make a romantic person's heart beat faster.

The lights below can be found in the ladies' room. Aren't they the pizazz?



All of the photos in this post were snapped at the Red Lion Inn.



ARE YOU AN OLD-FASHIONED ROMANTIC OR DO YOU PREFER MORE MODERN DECOR?

8 comments:

KathyB. said...

I completely agree a home needs many lights. Low lighting in the corners of a home make it a warm, cozy & inviting place. I need a bit brighter light ( not too bright ) for reading , and use only overhead ceiling lighting when bright lighting is needed, like for cleaning.

I love all styles of lighting, but classic with simple bases suits me best. If I want color I put it into the lamp shades.

Nice post and one I never thought of !

Kit said...

I have to say I am a little bit of both. And very eclectic. I love little lamps! I have in my living room, 7 lamps. All with low lighting. I love the mood it creates. The lamps in your post are lovely. :) Have a great weekend! Kit

Chatty Crone said...

Well I like these lamps very much, but I am probably more modern in my lamps - however is some rooms there are more romantic type lamps.

diane.stetson said...

I have wonderful sky light that I had put in years ago which I LOVE..
The lamps at the Red Lion Inn are very very pretty. I'm more modern in my tastes.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: nice pictures. You have many lamps. Very nice. I prefer classical decor and classic style lamps also. My favorite homes are Victorian style. Keep in touch

SImple and Serene Living said...

I don't think you can ever have too many lamps. Thanks for sharing these with us. xo Laura

Babs said...

My very favorite possession in the world is a tiffany lamp. I would grab it if my house was on fire and it was the only thing I could save!!!!

agatek said...

One są przepiękne :))))))

Related Posts with Thumbnails