Monday, September 25, 2017

Amber Glass


Amber glass and autumn go hand-in-hand.





The rich, warm color of amber glass is like some of the foliage outside at this time of year.





Leaves turn to many different colors including amber.





It's always a pleasure to make the trip up to the attic to retrieve a plastic bin filled with  my amber glass pieces.




Even though they were washed before being packed last fall, they got a new washing and rinsing to make them sparkle. 


The amber glass lamps have been moved from upstairs, back to the front hall table, too.  

My daughter bought them for me years ago in a Flagstaff, Arizona, Salvation Army Thrift Store. 

Then they were packed and shipped cross country!


They cast a lovely glow in the hallway as soon as dusk hits. 




With many pieces lined up on the kitchen sills of two big windows above the sink, and the lamps in the front hallway, it's definitely looking like autumn around here!

DO YOU HAVE ANY AMBER GLASS?

9 comments:

Kit said...

Oh how lovely! I have a whole set of amber thumbprint glasses that I use for Thanksgiving. And I have an amber vase that I fill with silk flowers and it just glows in the sun. :) Kit

Susan said...

Your collections always amaze me. Since I'm a November baby and Topaz is my birthstone, I am drawn to this amber glass. I only have one piece, but I promise myself I will go antiquing one day and find some more!

diane.stetson said...

I have a small amber vase from a visit to Poland where real amber is very prominent. Your collection is lovely.

Red Rose Alley said...

It's always a pleasure to see your amber glass, Susan. Yes, it DOES look like Autumn. I especially like those amber glass lamps. They must look so pretty on your entry table. I like the candy dish too. Thanks for sharing.

love, ~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

I love that you change glass colors - and that you have so many pretty ones to decorate with. That bird looks real too - very pretty.
Love, sandie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I do have and love amber glass and will have mine out soon for the Fall! Your collection is beautiful!

TARYTERRE said...

i love all your amber glass. the table lamp is special, for sure.

Linda O'Connell said...

Has a real fall feel to it. Have a great week, Susan.

Debbie said...

I adore this amber glass!! It is so very beautiful and perfect for Autumn

Related Posts with Thumbnails