Saturday, February 24, 2018

Cousins Are Gifts...

A highlight this month, in my own life, was having tea with one of my dear cousins, Marianne.


We used to play together as children, so long ago, and had more overnights together than I could count.

  Later in life, she had two boys and I had a boy and a girl.

 Our lives were lived quite apart for many years but love for her, and for all my cousins, remained.


Marianne is a wonderful homemaker and, like me, loves to decorate.

She has added special touches everywhere one looks in her space, from bright colored flowers and ironed cloth on the table to hearts in the windows and darling vignettes. 



On a February afternoon, we ate  coconut cake with strawberries on top, and sipped black current tea.


Best of all, we talked non-stop for two and a half totally delightful hours. 

My dear cousin graciously allowed me to snap photos of our afternoon tea together and show you some shots of her beautiful home.


I am so grateful for the gift of cousins, including my dear Marianne.

DO YOU KEEP IN CLOSE TOUCH WITH COUSINS?

6 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I have two cousins I'm very close too. We see each other less now that my Mom has moved from Texas but we talk and email often.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh Susan - she does remind me of you. You two have a lot in common. Her home is very pretty. I'm glad you stay close and having a tea party wonderful.

I kept in touch with mine - but physically we live miles apart. :(

Kit said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day! No I am afraid I do not keep in touch with any of my family. We are like oil and water....lol But I am glad you do! :) Kit

diane.stetson said...

I live way too far away from all my cousins. Good thing I see some of them on facebook. Looks like you had a fun time with Marianne. I do visit her when I'm in town.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a wonderful time spent with your cousin, Susan. And thanks for giving us a peek inside her home. It looks like you and her have similar tastes in decorating. The coconut cake and strawberries looks Yummy. Yes, one of my cousins I keep in close contact with, but my favorite cousin I grew up with passed away. She was a beautiful lady, and I miss her. I hope you have many more special visits with Marianne. : )

love, ~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

Decorating talent runs in the family! My daughter has that rose pattern set of dishes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails