Thursday, March 1, 2018

The Season That Won't Go Away (Yet)...


As I write this post on Friday, March 2, snow is falling, fast and furious, outside.  

Several inches are expected.

Schools are closed.

I've heard several sirens, perhaps from police and/or firefighters responding to accidents on the snowy roads. 

Anyway, we are safe and sound, warm and cozy at home so my heart is filled with gratitude.

Hope you have a nice day, wherever you are!

The following is a post from yesterday: 

Tonight we are expecting a nor'easter in western Massachusetts.

That's usually a significant winter storm.


We don't know whether it will be torrential rain,  snow, or a deadly mixture of both.


The photos in this post are from last week's snow storm!


Most were snapped while sitting in the passenger seat of a car,  on an excursion to another town. 



In between bouts of nasty weather, we have had brilliant sunshine and warm temps.


Even the tips of tulips and daffodils can be spotted in the front yard round garden but they are going to get covered with either rain or snow come tonight.


Sweet spring, we are waiting for you!

ARE YOU PLANNING ANYTHING SPECIAL FOR THIS COMING SPRING?

6 comments:

diane.stetson said...

Where I live there are no seasons...so I'm not planning anything till April when I will go to a music festival in New Orleans. I'm looking forward to it.

Chatty Crone said...

If I didn't know better I would think this was Alaska. We are getting a sort of cold wave this weekend - not like yours!

Linda O'Connell said...

We can go from 76 to 36 degrees in one day. I will be glad when spring arrives and indicates it's time to stay. Our luck, we'll skip spring and go right into summer.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your snow pictures made my heart sing, Susan. Snow is beautiful for me to look at since I don't see it here. But I'm sorry to hear about the ambulances that you heard, and I hope all is ok. It must be a heavy snow storm. Be safe.

Yes, we do have something special happening in Spring. Baby Francesca is getting Baptized! : )


love, ~Sheri

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My Albany boy had a snow day from college classes yesterday. Over here in desert country is definitely spring which I'm hoping will hang around for a while as I'm not looking forward to summer heat. Stay safe and warm.

TARYTERRE said...

here's hoping you escaped the nor'easters wrath. stay safe and warm.

Related Posts with Thumbnails