Friday, June 15, 2018

Be Nice to You


When was the last time you did something nice for yourself?

Women, in particular, are great at giving to and serving others.

Somehow, in the busyness of life, we forget that we deserve special treatment, too.

It doesn't have to be something big or expensive to count.
 Even a backyard picnic with lots of candles counts!

  Here are some more ideas (based on personal experience--hee, hee):

 1) Slowly drink a cup of hot coffee with half and half  or tea. Truly enjoy each sip.

2)  Read a book for an hour before bed, after a hot shower, and after applying scented lotion from head to toe.

3) Have a spa pedicure. Pick a zany new color for your nails. How about yellow or deep cranberry, like this sweet pansy?


4) Catch a movie, like The Book Club, with a friend, and laugh heartily.

5)  Eat buttered popcorn while at the movie.

6) Treat yourself to exercise you love. If it's swimming, get in an extra session. You will feel great!

7) Go and buy some pansies. They will perk up your spirit!


You get the idea. Be good to YOU!

CAN YOU ADD TO THE LIST OF NICE THINGS YOU CAN DO FOR YOURSELF?

8 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

This is a nice list of ways to treat ourselves, Susan. I especially like the popcorn one. There is just something about that popcorn at the movies. I always ask for extra butter. : )

Have a delightful weekend, my friend.

~Sheri

Sandi said...

Think good thoughts. :)

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

A lovely list of treat ideas -- most of them I've probably tried/done at some point. Always good to be reminded of the possibilities. I bought two six-packs of pansies yesterday and planted them this morning. Already they are cheering the little patch where they now live.

Wishing you a beautiful weekend, Susan.
Brenda xox

Chatty Crone said...

Susan I love all your ideas and do them.

Looking for something to be grateful about.

diane stetson said...

I love to go to the theater with a friend, also movie, concert or lecture.
I like to treat myself to a frozen yogurt on a hot day. I love to see new places and see and hear the local food and music. Reading a wonderful story in my kindle in my green chair by the sliding glass door on a summer's day is my favorite of all.

Patti said...

A lavender-scented bath, with a glass of wine and some candles.

Pure bliss!!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi! Wonderful idea to do something nice for yourself! Hard to decide which thing I would like to do there are so many! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! Nancy

Babs said...

Get my hair salkn styled and cut every six weeks with a very talented beautition. Getting Massage which helps me so much to live with chronic pain.

Related Posts with Thumbnails