Sunday, June 17, 2018

Happy Father's Day to Dads Everywhere


 It's not easy being a daddy.


As a matter of fact, it's probably the hardest job a man will ever undertake.

However, it's also the most meaningful and rewarding job in the world.

It's been 29 years since my own father died. He taught me so many things in life.

I know now that his life was not easy but he did the best he could with what he had.

Despite the passage of years, I can still see him smiling and cracking jokes.

 He used to feed the birds in our yard and he passed the love of doing that to me!

Today I also honor my own husband, who has been a wonderful father; my son, who followed in hub's footsteps with dedication, hard work ethic, kindness, and sacrifice; and my son-in-law who is also an  extraordinary daddy.

A shout-out also goes to my beloved brothers-in-law (one living and two on the other side); my uncle and all the others who have gone before him;  my late grandfathers and all the other men who have touched my heart throughout life.


 Happy Father's Day to all of them and to all the daddies out there who think of others before themselves.

This is your day so may it shine!

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS FATHER'S DAY?

6 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I miss my Dad very much. Gone too soon.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dad's in your life!
sandie

diane stetson said...

Happy Father's day to all the Dad's with us and all who've gone over to the other side. Had a lovely day with my son who is a fabulous Dad and his family at a German Restaurant where he used his German vocabulary quite a bit...fun fun, fun.

Linda O'Connell said...

A nice tribute to he men in your life, Susan.

Babs said...

Gratitude to my Heavenly Father Who has blesssd me in life with so many gifts!

TARYTERRE said...

a lovely tribute to the fathers in your life and fathers everywhere.

Related Posts with Thumbnails