Thursday, July 18, 2019

Bird Cage Decor


You've seen them in decorating magazines-----bird cages used in home decorating.

I love seeing magazine photos of them in just about any room in the house.


So it was with great joy that an affordable second hand green bird cage came to my attention.

The dark green color, however, would never do.  

Instead, the little bird cage got a good cover of white spray paint.

Then came several artificial birds to "live" in the cage and a string of faux apricot-colored roses to adorn the outside of it.

Every time a certain young visitor arrives, down comes the bird cage. He is, apparently, quite enamored of the feathered creatures.

Guess he likes to free even the birds who don't fly!

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BIRD?

7 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

You have turned a green bird cage into a lovely white one with pretty apricot roses, Susan. It looks nice, and even better that your grandson enjoys it. I love the Robin and the Blue Jay, but my favorite and beloved bird is the Hummingbird. I can never get too much of it. : )

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

Hummingbirds are my favorites and we have tons of them here where I live.
Enjoy your faux bird cage as it is so pretty.

Chatty Crone said...

I love birds - so where did you buy yours? I have - and I painted aqua - a birdcage - would like some inexpensive birds. I love your color and your bird cage - gorgeous.

Merlesworld said...

I am very fond of fairy wrens we have a few the come back every year.
Merle.............

TARYTERRE said...

i love it. so sweet. pretty indeed.

Linda O'Connell said...

I don't know which is sweeter, the bird cage or your darling who wants to free the birdies.

BECKY said...

I just love that, Susan! It is adorable. And I know what you mean about the cost of them. It's just perfect! My favorite bird for both it's bright red color and it's chirp is the male Cardinal :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails