Saturday, July 20, 2019

Changes of Scene Are Good for the Soul


The opportunity to travel has always been close to my heart.


Imagine how thrilling it felt to get a certificate to spend one night in a gorgeous Vermont Inn.


Our daughter and her husband gave us the special certificate as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago!

Life intervened and we just had the opportunity to cash-in on our lovely gift.

The Four Chimneys Inn in Bennington, Vermont, lived up to its stellar reputation as a really special place to stay.

From the time we stepped through this entrance until we left, we felt immensely well cared-for, comfortable, and happy.


Elegant, spotlessly clean, with lots of ambiance, The Four Chimneys Inn also sports a friendly and efficient staff.

This is the staircase that led to our second floor room and the bannister at the botton of the stairs.





Because of loving to share places and experiences with you, there will be several posts on our time at the Four Chimneys Inn as well as Bennington.

This first post has photos of the outisde of the inn as well as the few inside shots.


DO YOU ENJOY STAYING AT INNS OR HOTELS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER?


6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

THAT IS GORGEOUS!

I have always wanted to go to the east coast there.

I have always been in a hotel or motel!

Love, sandie

diane stetson said...

Beautiful Inn indeed. I would find it very hard to climb up the stairs at my age....did they have an elevator? I'm sure you had a wonderful overnight visit.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Wow, so beautiful! Happy you were finally able to get away. I know sometimes life gets very busy. Lately I’ve been preferring to stay in a hotel because the last couple of times we stayed in the B&B, it was not as nice as we expected. But the place you stayed is just amazing.

Linda O'Connell said...

What a great place and fantastic time you must have had. I do like to get away. Your area has so many wonderful places.

Merlesworld said...

It looks like a lovely place .
Merle............

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, I have to tell you, I've always dreamed of staying at a snowy Vermont Inn right in the middle of Winter. It has always been a pleasant vision in my mind. What a thoughtful gift from your daughter. The stairway is incredible. I'm glad to hear they took good care of you there and you had a memorable visit. The house is so large and lovely.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails