Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Churches, Fountain, Flowers, and Unique Architecture All Found in Western Mass City

                                                          (Click to enlarge photos)




Driving along in a small city in Western Massachusetts, I spotted an arrangement of petunias on the side of the road.  They were drop dead gorgeous, exploding with color!

Since it was a public location, I have no idea who did the planting but whoever it was, they did a great job. The profusion of purple and pink colors made the flowers really stand out.

I drove the car over to a parking lot, got out, and took the photos shown in this post. Isn't this arrangement  absolutely fabulous?


As I drove near the main street of this small city, there was a town green that all the traffic drove by. Along the sides were yellow day lilies.


Smack dab in the middle stood this lovely fountain. With the afternoon sun coming through and illuminating it, it looked quite picturesque.

Since it was a hot day, the thought of how refreshing it would be to just jump into the fountain crossed my mind. However, it would have looked rather strange to the cars passing by. Plus, there was no way I'd risk getting my camera wet.





Nearby stood a rather majestic old building that apparently used to be the town library. 




One reason I love New England is the variety of  flowers, fountains, and unique architecture of the buildings.





WOULD YOU LOVE THE PETUNIA  ARRANGEMENT TO BE IN YOUR YARD?

WHAT ABOUT A FOUNTAIN? WOULD YOU WANT ONE?

10 comments:

BECKY said...

Oh my gosh, Susan! I would LOVE the flowers, AND the fountain...and I think I'd love to live in that darling city! It looks like you were in a beautiful European town! Someday I MUST visit New England. I've always wanted to...and now I know someone who lives there! :)

Chatty Crone said...

YES YES YES! That was just beautiful. I'll come to New England with Becky. sandie

Denise@alloverroses said...

OMG! Those petunias are gorgeous! Don't they ever get those worms that eat the flowers like I do? Hmmm!

middle child said...

Beautiful Pics. Thanks for sharing.

Bookie said...

Beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing. Here in the corner of Missouri the heat index was near 110 today. My own flowers a rather limp and exhasuted looking. I enjoyed these.

Claus said...

I think the sound of water is very relaxing and serene, so I would definitely love a fountain at home!! :-) But being in a country where water is a "gem", I don't think it would be a smart thing to do.
Love the petunias! Lovely, bright colors indeed, and I wouldn't mind having such beauty at home :-)
Lovely post Susan! Always appreciating seeing your world through your eyes.
have a lovely day!

GwendolynKay said...

Beautiful flowers. I would love to have a fountain in my yard... but it would have to be much smaller:)
Blessings~
Gwen

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Susan,
I don't want a bed of petunias, I don't want a fountain--I have both of those!
I want a picture of you in the fountain!
:D
Thank yo for the other pictures, just the same ;)
Lovely place you visited!
I would have stopped and taken pictures, too!!
Hugs,
~me

Karen Lange said...

Yes, I would love for those flowers to be in my yard! Does the package include someone to water them? :)

diane stetson said...

Beautiful fountain, flowers and buildings...parts of New England are spectacular...I just wouldn't like the heat and humidity ....

Related Posts with Thumbnails