Friday, June 24, 2011

Refreshing Water

                                                   (Photo taken in Washington Park, Albany, New York)


What is better, on the scorching days of summer, than cool water?

Whether we are immersing ourselves in a pool of water, or sipping a cool glass of it, one thing is certain:  water refreshes.

It cools us off and brings relief from the oppresive heat.

When we swim in it, it feels good to move our bodies.  It's nice to get every inch of our bodies wet. Ahhhhh, such sweet relief from being overheated.

Who can resist the magnetic pull of the ocean?  It is there we find solace and peace, with the swishing of the waves and caw of the seagulls.


                                      (Photo taken at a beach in Old Lyme, Connecticut)


Sipping a glass of ice cold water is such a treat. If lemon, lime, or orange slices have been added to it, so much the better.

In Christianity, water has significant symbolism. It is considered "living."  When we are washed in it in baptism, we are made new.

Every time we take a sip of clean, pure water, we are blessed. In some places in the world, running water would be considered a true luxury.

Think of that next time you take a sip of it.

DO YOU DRINK A LOT OF WATER?

9 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I drink a lot of water! and appreciate it so much. In India, there are so many people and not enough sanitation -- I can't even begin to tell you what we saw along our travels but when you don't have a place to go, you just go -- for the whole world to see. Even brushing teeth is done out in public. It was eye-opening experience for sure. And to think of all those girls walking miles and miles every day in Africa just to bring water back for their families. Yet here, they feel the need to have the maids wash their cars each and every day, even when it is dusty out ... it's beyond me. If they only knew what it meant to actually want for water. Have a fabulous Friday. Tammy

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Yes Susan I drink a lot of water. In the heat of the south its a must. I also love being able to swim in a friends pool, but my favorite is the beach or maybe a mountain waterfall or maybe the lake near my house...OK so I love water! hugs, Linda

mo said...

Hi Susan,

Your writing is magical!

Here in the desert, yes we drink water. . .everyday all day.

Luckily my son was taught to do the same. We do not keep soda in the house.

*hugs*

mo

Chatty Crone said...

I love water - one of my favorite 'living' things. I do drink a lot of water - I take it with me everywhere.

We have a neighborhood pool where we refresh at night. And we have White Water (water slide) passes. It is so hot here - I think water is the only thing that can cool my CORE down.

Your waters look refreshing too.

Bookie said...

What a lovely piece today, Susan!

diane stetson said...

I love the fresh water, the salt water and any kind of water. So glad to live very close by to all!

Journeyin' Lady... said...

The ONLY thing I don't especially like about water is drinking it! (I know I know, I should!) Even though we are traveling in our RV I have a fountain I set up whenever we stop for more than a few days. I love the sound of the bubbling water.
Enjoyed your blog today - ah water!

Anonymous said...

Flowing water of any kind gives me so much pleasure. It awakens my senses in so many ways.
But unfortunately I don't drink it like I should.Have a beautiful weekend.
Chris

Linda O'Connell said...

I am so inspired by water, shower, lake, ocean. I sshould drink more, however.

Related Posts with Thumbnails